Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Forever, Jack by Natasha Boyd | Book Review

Forever, Jack by Natasha Boyd
Eversea #2
First Published: 2013
Kindle
Adult, Contemporary Romance
Rating:
Keri Ann Butler's life changed on the night she met movie star, Jack Eversea. She thought she knew a Jack that was very different to the man adored by fans the world over. In the wake of his betrayal and abandonment, Keri Ann has had to pick up and move forward with the life she was supposed to live and has put off far too long.
Suddenly Jack is back, and his explanations for why he left seem more and more plausible, and his declarations more seductive. But being Jack's latest tabloid accessory isn't on Keri Ann's career agenda, no matter how much she is attracted to him. And how can she can ever trust him again?
Jack knows he let the only 'real' thing that ever happened to him slip through his fingers. And his hands have been tied to try and stop it. Until Now.
Jack is now fighting to save his relationship with Keri Ann, even as his crazy life threatens to tear them apart. Again. The question is, can he convince her she can have it all? And have him? Forever?
Yay, I finally completed this doulogy! You'd think, it being just two short books, that I could've done that ages ago. Alas, I like to keep you on my toes so I didn't.

Confession time, here's what I got: I didn't remember much of the first book going into this one. I thought about re-reading it for a moment or two but then decided... nah. So I was a little fuzzy on the details, but this book did a good job bridging that gap. Everything was very clear so even someone who read the first book two years ago could understand.

My thoughts on Forever, Jack? Unnecessary. It's not that it was bad - but did you really need to split the novels into two for this? You could've had one great standalone instead! And don't let the 300+ page count fool you. These books feel short.

Forever, Jack deals with the aftermath of Jack leaving Keri Ann and how they come back together. I think maybe 30% of the book is a flashback to what Jack did in those months they were separated and why he didn't just come back to Keri Ann.

The rest was them repeating and rehashing the same weak conflict over and over again. If Keri Ann didn't pretend to be over it or determined to succeed in their relationship despite it, it would've been less annoying but the way she kept going back and forth pissed me off. It's like, this book could've ended 150 pages ago if you'd stop.

It just didn't have enough sustenance, you know?

That's not to say I didn't enjoy seeing this sweet couple find their happily-ever-after and being cute af while doing so. 'Cause... I really did.

No comments:

Post a Comment