Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Something About You by Julie James | Book Review

FBI/US Attorney #1
First Published: 2010
Library Paperback
Adult, Contemporary
Rating:
Fate has thrown two sworn enemies...
Of all the hotel rooms rented by all the adulterous politicians in Chicago, female Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde had to choose the one next to 1308, where some hot-and-heavy lovemaking ends with a death. And of all the FBI agents in Illinois, it had to be Special Agent Jack Pallas who gets assigned to this high-profile homicide. The same Jack Pallas who still blames Cameron for a botched crackdown three years ago—and for nearly ruining his career.
Into each other's arms...
Work with Cameron Lynde? Are they kidding? Maybe, Jack thinks, this is some kind of welcome-back prank after his stint away from Chicago. But it's no joke; the pair is going to have to put their rocky past behind them and focus on the case at hand. That is, if they can cut back on the razor-sharp jibes—and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension.
I've been a fan of James's ever since I read Just the Sexist Man Alive. You can say she had me at "shit happens". So, I was ever so thrilled to get my hands on the first of her sexy FBI/US Attorney series. But did I get what I wanted coming into this book?

Why, yes. Yes I did. 

It's the kind of love story that had me thinking about it even when I wasn't reading. That had me coming with possible scenes when I had to do something else. That had me excited to find out what will happen next, and when will they finally confess for god's sake!?

All that would not have happened if I didn't just adore the characters. 

Jack is a sexy assed, brooding FBI agents, and Cameron is a strong, steel nerved US attorney.
"At least in Nebraska a man could brood in peace."
Together, they were just so entertaining. They had this half-flirt half-tease relationship from page one, with hilarious, flowing and believable dialogues. Which is undoubtly why no one believed they really hated one another and found their so called animosity amusing.

The "no one" is consisted of Wilkins and Collin, two characters I absolutely loved, and even Amy who said one of my favorite lines in the book, a line I feel represents the whole feel of this novel:
"I changed my mind, Cam. If this was all a big setup and he's coming over to strip for me, I think I can handle it."
Julie James is brilliant in making her characters real and colorful, and she definitely made me want an FBI agent all of my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment